- Do not walk in accordance to the carnal flesh nature. Believe that your nature has changed. Draw strength from the power of God inside of you. Command that bondage to be loosed.
- Focus your energies on walking in love and living in communion and fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Rather than focus on what not to DO focus on walking in love, fellowship with the Holy Spirit renew your mind, be filled with the spirit and you will lose the taste for sin.
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit by your lifestyle and conduct. This is not behaviour modification.
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin].31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor [perpetual animosity, resentment, strife, fault-finding] and slander be put away from you, along with every kind of malice [all spitefulness, verbal abuse, malevolence]. 32 Be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely], just as God in Christ also forgave [c]you.
- Yield (submit) to your spirit rather than yielding to your flesh or carnal nature
- Obey the prompting of the spirit, be quick to obey
- Do not silence or quench the convictions of your spirit most time if you are planning to do wrong, your spirit will convict you of sin. If you do get convicted of sin repent and turn away from it.
- Protect your eye gate and your ear gate. That’s how things get into your heart. Watch what you place before your heart. Just like a Christian watching pornography and saying it doesn’t pollute their spirit. It’s only a matter of time and they will fall into the sin of adultery or fornication
- Guard your heart with all diligence
Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. (AMP)
Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source of true life. (CEV)
- Spend time praying in the spirit, its part of building intimacy with God. If you don’t pray in tongues, get filled with the Holy Spirit
- Spend time meditating on God’s word. It’s good to read whole chapters or books of the bible but sometimes just take 1 verse and let Holy Spirit speak to you from that verse, think about it ask Him questions about that verse and thoughts will begin to come to you explaining that verse.
- Walk and fellowship with people who walk in the spirit. Be careful who you associate with and who speaks into our life. 1 Cor 15:33 “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.”
- Cast out that unclean spirit, sometimes a spirit might influence people to act a certain way e.g. Anger, lust, addictions, etc. If you cannot seem to stop or control yourself it may be an evil spirit and you need to cast it out.